Narrowing the Focus
- The most widespread language in the world and is more widely spoken and written than any other language
- Three-quarters of the world’s communications are in English
- The main language used throughout the world on the internet is English
- More than half of the world’s technical and scientific periodicals are in English
- The medium for 80% of the information stored in the world’s computers
- The official language in 3 continents and dominates international relations
- Created a world where people have unprecedented ability to connect with one another
- Empowered individuals to express themselves, share their voice and form communities
- Became the main engine to all sectors of life: Medical, Trade, Tourism, Industry, Services & Agriculture
- Revolutionized social interaction
- Allowed more work to be done with less resources, thus maximized effectiveness
Knowing how important English language and technology are, we believe it is natural to focus our efforts on these two areas. We will be restless in making sure our students are the best English speakers, writers and readers and that they are equipped with the latest technology skills.
This doesn’t mean that other subjects are completely ignored, we employ a highly qualified team of instructors in all subjects, but narrowing the focus to the wildly important goals will ensure a Bold Win in the future of our students.
How do we define “international education”?
- Developing citizens of the world in relation to culture, language and learning to live together
- Building and reinforcing students’ sense of identity and cultural awareness
- Fostering students’ recognition and development of universal human values
- Stimulating curiosity and inquiry in order to foster a spirit of discovery and enjoyment of learning
- Equipping students with the skills to learn and acquire knowledge, individually or collaboratively, and to apply these skills and knowledge accordingly across a broad range of areas
- Providing international content while responding to local requirements and interests
- Encouraging diversity and flexibility in teaching methods
- Providing appropriate forms of assessment and international bench marking
On what basis the program achieves its goals?
- Educates the whole person through an emphasis on intellectual, personal, emotional and social growth.
- Requires study across a broad range of subjects drawing on content from educational cultures across the world
- Gives special emphasis to language acquisition and development
- Encourages learning across disciplines
- Focuses on developing the skills of learning
- Includes, to a varying extent, the study of individual subjects and of transdisciplinary areas
- Provides students with opportunities for individual and collaborative planning and research
- Includes a community service component requiring action and reflection.
At BoldWin International School, we have worked hard on blending the international curriculum with the Lebanese official curriculum. We believe that it is important for our students to pass official exams and get Lebanese official certificates along with their pursuit of the international program.